Thursday, 2 December 2010
Brilliantly Birmingham was officially launched on Thursday 25th November at mac in Cannon Hill Park. The event was a great start to the festival, with the FLUX designers, sponsors and partners all present. It's very excited to have talk with other artist and sponsors! Enjoy the night :)
Artist statement on the wall
My green piece in FLUX. (More images and information of it >> )
The cabinet is not big enough to my piece so just only one can be shown there,
but I still feel enjoyable :)
Friends from School of Jewellery and School of Fashion
Thursday, 25 November 2010
I feel honoured to be selected in the event "Treasure Trail!"
That's undoubtedly exciting because Harvey Nichols is a really fabulous to present my work!
Wednesday, 24 November 2010
Monday, 6 September 2010
【Inherence in Nature 2010】
- Yu-Ping Lin
- My work is process-based and structurally complex.
- I am never without a sketchbook where my ideas evolve
- so I am constantly drawing with brush strokes.
- The inks sometimes bleed into the Chinese rice paperand at other times
- they develop into more in-depth ideas and detailed images.
- I did not set out to be a fashion designer or to create artwork relating to environmental issues
- but as my portfolio developed and I became interested in both style and ecology.
- My work tends to focus on inspiration from nature, the notion of folding and pleating, architectural structures, interaction with people and seduction of pattern and colour;
- the original pleasure captured by the structure of organisms and forms inherent in nature.
- - Coral Reef -
- - Bloom -